Topics For Your Life Group Lessons
Here are a few topics to help you steward your life group towards the truth about Jesus. We have written out a few topics including bible verses you can base your lessons off of. Our goal for this page is to give you the necessary resources to help you produce great discussion points for your group. You may develop your lessons to cater to your age group of members. Below are topics, definitions, and bible verse’s you may read through to format your lessons.
1. Anxiety: a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
Bible index: Philippians 4:6, John 14:27, Psalm 94:19, 1 Peter 5:7
2. Fear: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Bible index: Isaiah 41:10, Psalms 34:4, Psalm 23:4, Psalm 27:1
3. Lust: very strong sexual desire.
Bible index: 1 Corinthians 6:13, 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 John 2:16, Provers 6:25
4. Anger: a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.
Bible index: Ephesians 4:26-27, James 1:19-20, Proverbs 29:11, Proverbs 19:11
5. Patience: the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
Bible index: Ephesians 4:2, Galatians 6:9, Psalms 37:7-9, Romans 8:24-30
6. Forgiveness: is the intentional and voluntary process by which a victim undergoes a change in feelings and attitude regarding an offense, let's go of negative emotions such as vengefulness, anger, hate, and bitterness and begins to carry the ability to wish the offender well.
Bible index: Luke 17: 4, Ephesians 4:32, Matthew 6:4, Micah 7:18, 2 Chronicles 7:14
7. Identity: characteristics that determine who a person, thing, or place is.
Bible index: Genesis 1:26-27, Jeremiah 1:5, Ephesians 2:1, Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Peter 2:9
8. Trust: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Bible index: Romans 8:27-28, Matthew 6:33-34, Philippians 4:19,
9. Scripture Study: studying the scriptures builds a believer to become firmly founded in Christ through attaining the knowledge of our identity, how to withstand temptation, love others better, remain focused on God, lead others, and so much more.
Bible index: Matthew 4:4, Ephesians 6:16, Matthew 7:24,
10. Prayer: a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God.
Bible index: James 5:13-18, Romans 26:27, Hebrews 7:25-27, 1 John 5:14, Ephesians 6:18
11. Fasting: It is us allowing our flesh to be silenced, so that God can be heard. When we become uncluttered by the desires of our flesh, we are able to become more sensitive to the things of God for us and for others
Bible index: Romans 8:5-8, Isaiah 58:6, Luke 4:2-4, Matthew 6:16-18
12. Surrender: to abandon oneself entirely.
Bible index: Proverbs 3:5-7, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Romans 12:2, James 4:7
13. Strength: the emotional or mental qualities necessary in dealing with situations or events that are distressing or difficult.
Bible index: Philippians 4:13, Isaiah 40:29, Psalms 119:28, Isaiah 40:31
14. Perseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
Bible index: Romans 5: 3-4, 2 Peter 5:6, 2 Timothy 2:12, Ephesians 6:11