Ascend Volunteer Leadership is the second tier of leadership under the Next-Generation Ministry at King of the Nations.The positions below call individuals to a level of commitment and responsibility that is beyond that of the average attendee/member. The volunteer leaders of Ascend are tasked with embodying the heart of Jesus, investing in the vision of Ascend and working towards it’s manifestation not only in Montgomery County, but the entire world.
Youth leaders are responsible for accelerating the vision of Ascend in the hearts of our students. Through lifegroups, youth services and the sharing of daily experiences, we believe that a generation can be empowered to walk in the manner that God has always intended them to.
YOUNG ADULT LEADER
Young Adult leaders are responsible for creating a space where others can experience personal growth, gain deeper knowledge of God and come into meaningful relationships with others. This is done by investing in our Gatherings, Tribe Nights and other Young Adult functions.
CORE TEAM LEADER
Core Team leaders are responsible for leading and setting an example for all who serve under them. Core Team leaders must show proficiency in the area that they are over, and must be committed to excellency in every facet of operation, as it pertains to fulfilling the vision of Ascend.
An individual applying:
· Must be 18 or older.
· Must attend King of the Nations.
· Must have taken and completed NEXT.
· Must agree with our Statement of Faith.
· Must have been consciously baptized.
· Prior ministry experience.
· Understanding of the whole Gospel and it’s operation today.
(Jesus’: birth, life, death, resurrection, commission and ascension).
· Knowledgeable about the disciple making process.
· Effective interpersonal communication skills.
· Understanding biblical submission and chain of command structures.
1. Once your application is complete and submitted, it will be reviewed by a panel of our staff.
2. If all qualifications are met, you will be sent an email to complete a background check.
3. Once accepted into the Volunteer Leadership pipeline, and your background check has cleared, you’ll be invited to have a face-to-face Interview with Pastor Bernard & Jassmire.
4. If you progress to the next level of the pipeline, you will be asked to register for EQUIP: An 8 week class that is taught on Sundays. Equip is designed to explore and awaken the spiritual gifts within each believer, as well as prepare them for greater levels of ministry and life in the Spirit.
5. Along with Equip, you’ll be asked to partake in Culture Class, a 3-part class that will be taught on Thursday nights. In Culture Class, you will learn the history, and operating procedures of Ascend.
6. Lastly, before being fully integrated into Ascend’s Volunteer Leadership Team, you must attend the mandatory Leadership Summit and Lifegorup Summit. Details, such as the date and purpose of the summit will be disclosed as you make your way through the pipeline.
Please finish the application below in one sitting. Leaving your computer idle may cause this page to refresh. Consider typing answers elsewhere then pasting into text-boxes
*We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will not share or rent this information to anyone. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.*